When my family goes to a theme park, my wife will always do her best to “squeeze” as much fun into every last minute that we are at the park! She will make sure we are there for “rope drop” and also stay until the last minute before the park is closed. She makes us run from ride to ride, plan all the places to eat, make a schedule for all our fast passes, and plan what direction of the park to go in. She wants to make sure our time and money spent at the park is not wasted. Just as my wife does this at a theme park, we ought to try and “squeeze” every moment out of every Sunday.
Our Sundays in church ought not just to be a “routine” or “ritual.” It should be a time where we come expecting to be challenged, encouraged, and sometimes even rebuked from God’s Word. So how can we “squeeze” the most out of our Sundays?
Here are some ways that you can absorb the most from every Sunday:
1. Live all week to please and honor the Lord. When we live a life that honors the Lord all week, Sunday will be guilt free and joyous.
2. Make Sunday important. God’s house should be the top priority when it comes to Sunday. Don’t trade it away for other events that come up.
3. Have proper rest on Saturday. Sleeping well on Saturday night will make a huge difference for your Sunday worship.
4. Pray for Sunday. Ask God to prepare your heart, help you receive His word, and ask Him to work in the heart of others as well.
5. Expect the flesh to resist. Have you ever wondered why being in church sometimes is a battle? It is spiritual! Satan doesn’t want you and your family to be at a place where God’s Word is preached and where your life can be altered for God’s glory.
6. Come a little early. Be early to greet, fellowship, and be an encouragement to people.
7. Be a servant. Give guests and elderly people the best parking and seats.
8. Find a place that you and your family will not be distracted. The closer you get to the front, the less distraction you will have.
9. Sing with your heart and listen intently to what God has for you in His Word. Give the Lord your total focus and listen to the message of the songs and the preaching.
10. Respond to the Lord. If God speaks to you during the service, make a decision to yield to His Holy Spirit.
I believe that applying these suggestions will help you get the most out of every service. Doing these small suggestions will help God’s people to grow and “Follow After.”
Do we have an emotional relationship and yet move on quickly, or are we concentrated and stick it out through good times and bad?
Often it seems our circumstances pause the dream. and as dreamers we get discouraged.